Monday 5 May 2014

Weekly Stills ~ Welcoming Winter

 
 
1. We celebrated Chris's 38th Birthday last week.
2. The birthday cake, choc chip chocolate and vanilla with Maltesers mixed through it. The birthday man's favourite.
3. The aftermath of weekend pancakes at the kitchen bench
4. The 'urban jungle slouch hat' which was part of my Jellywares Yarn Club Package
5. The afternoon light cast shadows on the old chair sitting on the deck. A reminder that it needs attention!
6. Lately the girls are into playing cards after dinner.
7. Emmett warming himself by the fire upon waking
8. My unruly Mother's Day Chrysanthemum that I bought from a school fundraiser last year is in full flower.
9. I made my biggest sister a mug cozy for her birthday, which is on Mother's Day, all ready to send up to Queensland to her.
10. Leah made me a present at school. Feeling like a cool mum right about now.
11.The Boat Neck Baby Sweater from Debbie Bliss's book 'Baby Knits For Beginners'. I'm working my way through the book to improve my somewhat beginnerish knitting skills. It's finally starting to click after almost a year of trying to get it! Crocheting is a lot easier for me for some reason.
 
~ The cool weather is upon us here, although I think the whole country has had a bit of cold snap this past week. I love the cool change though, the winter is coming (I can't help but think of Game Of Thrones after writing that!) and we've been lighting our fire at night to take the chill off the air. I've been snuggling up on the lounge every night after the children go to bed and knitting and crocheting like a crazy person.
We're settling back into our school and work routines, and  getting over a tummy bug that has made it's way through everybody in the house over the past 10 days. I'm so grateful we're up to the last person! ~
 
Anyone else loving the cool change and watching Game Of Thrones? We're a bit obsessed here with the latter... 
 
Joining in with Emily at The Beetle Shack

2 comments:

  1. A messy kitchen looks OK in black and white. Maybe I need to think like a "black and white" photo next time I have a mess!!!!!!! Great photos all round. Cheers,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha absolutely, black and white transforms everything! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you xx