Friday 8 August 2014

In The School Holidays

 
 
~ We stayed at home for the holidays with Chris being home the first week and away the second.
I was preparing myself for a long second week, but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Instead of trying to achieve what I normally would during a school week, I tried to do the necessities first up in the mornings, and then just do something fun with the kids. We did lots of craft and bike riding at home, went out for morning tea on one day when it was pouring rain and caught up with friends for a couple of play dates.
We ended the week with a bonfire fire night at Pop's house, and we took the 3 older children to see How To Train Your Dragon 2. It was Emmett's  first time at the movies, and he only started to fidget in the last 20 minutes of the movie. Amazingly he didn't ask to go to the toilet once during the movie!
Then as quickly as they had come, the holidays were over and it's back to routine.~
 
1&2. The girls helping to wind a skein of wool on my new yarn swift.
3. Finished the garter stitch mitts
4&5. Bonfire at Pop's  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you xx