Wednesday 23 April 2014

On A Child Free Day

 
 
 
Yesterday Chris took all the children to the farm for the day to mark calves and get a load of firewood.
I stayed home alone. A whole day at home.
Alone
 
This happens every so often and I'm both fortunate and grateful for the luxury of a day to myself. I love being home together as a family, but I also enjoy my space.
Trouble is I usually write out this terribly long list of jobs to do and feel guilty if I stop to do anything fun. But not yesterday.
I hung out the washing.
I cleaned up the kitchen.
I folded the clean washing and put it away.
 
Then I finished off my 2013 project life family album. (or so I thought, last night it was disovered that I had missed Max's birthday. Ooops.)
Then I watched 3 episodes of Call The Midwife on dvd and knit and knit and knit.
I'm not far off finishing my very first cowl knit in the round.
 
And I did not allow myself to feel guilty, I just relaxed and did as I pleased.
Today I'm content to do the jobs that need doing.
It was a good day.
xxx
 
What do you do with a child free day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you xx