Tuesday 1 April 2014

Weekly Stills Collection

 
1. Our capsicum plant's still growing strong
2. Best of mates when they're not fighting
3&4. I pinned and started quilting Milly's quilt on the weekend.
5.The caterpillar conga line we stumbled on in the yard. There was about 12 of them on a mission to somewhere! Very interesting yet slightly gross.
6. Max likes to stand against the railing around the deck and survey the yard.
7. I finished my dishcloth from my Jellywares Yarn Club pack, and now I'm hanging out for the second instalment.
 
~ I sound like a broken record as a new week begins with my usual, where did that week go? What did I even do this week? That time went so quick! But it astounds me how busy we seem to be with life and how quickly the days roll by, despite our efforts to live a slow and simple life. Although it could be a whole lot busier I'm sure, if we let it.
I've been carving out plenty of time for myself lately, crocheting and finally getting Milly's half finished quilt out of the unfinished object box after 3 years in hibernation. My plan is to have it on her bed by the end of the week, it's set up on the end of the dining table ready to be worked on here and there whenever I get a chance. I'm loving playing with fabric again after having a long spell from my sewing machine, I'd forgotton how much I enjoy it. ~
 
Joining in  with Emily at The Beetle Shack
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I've just started making my first quilt and lots of the squares don't meet properly - argh. Wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I love the caterpillar conga - that photo made me smile...as did the 'best of mates' shot. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very lucky to be part of a sewing group with some lovely experienced quilters who help me out when I need it. I must admit though, my squares don't always line up either! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I love that second photo you took of the kids.....and yes, all parents feel like that....some times the kids are good together and sometimes they fight....Have a good week. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. The kids are funny, there's not much range between being best of friends and worst enemies! It's always nice to know that I'm not the only parent that feels that way :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love that second one - such a moment. I'm with you on the how busy things go too - I try to stay in the moment, but still the week can be a whirlwind. At least it leaves the moments to hold onto! That time to yourself sounds so nourishing - the quilt looks beautiful! So impressed x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elisa, I'm really enjoying playing with my camera a bit more and channelling all that creative energy! I just have a bit of housework to catch up on this weekend now though :/

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you xx