Thursday 19 June 2014

Changing Rooms (Again)

 
 
 
I've been at it again. Changing the furniture and bedrooms around. I swear I'm just trying to find the set up that works best, it's just taking me a while! Luckily Chris is mostly happy to indulge me with my slightly neurotic behaviour and help me move the furntiure.  Most people that visit us here, friends and family, say that the house is rearranged differently every time they come here. That's exaggerating slightly I think...
 
So after having Emmett and Milly sharing one room, and Max and Leah having their own rooms, we decided to go back to a girl's room, boy's room and a little playroom in the other bedroom. So far so good with the bedrooms. The kids are happy, and I had a massive declutter of toys and stuff that school aged girls seem to collect. Paper, notebooks, craft, hairbands, christmas cards from school friends and the list goes on. Oh and lots of dirty socks and jumpers. (Milly I'm looking at you...)
 
We also bought my brother's lounge off him because it was too big for their house after they moved house, so the loungeroom also got a bit of a makeover last weekend when Pete delivered it for us.
 I must say this is the most content I've ever felt with the furniture arrangement in the loungeroom. It makes a huge difference actually having furniture that fits in the space.  It's lovely for all of us to fit on the lounge together at the same time without being on top of each other! I never thought I'd buy a (bonded) leather lounge, but I must say it's much easier upkeep with the kids. One wipe and it looks like new. The cube storage shelf is the perfect size to fit my Project Life albums in too, so I'm really happy with that as a tv unit.
Most of all I love the afternoon light in this room. It feels just how I hoped it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you xx